We coming at you live
Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Goes LIVE on CBC
TORONTO, September 30th, 2011 — Scotiabank, Toronto Tourism and Canada Running Series are delighted to announce a partnership with CBC to provide live broadcast of this year’s Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, taking place Sunday, October 16th.
The CBC broadcast of Canada’s premiere running event live will put a worldwide spotlight on Toronto and athletics in Canada plus goes even further to cement the STWM as a leading sporting event on both a national and international stage.
- Live TV starts at 8:30 am ET, October 16th, on CBC’s digital channel BOLD.
- Live web streaming will be available on www.cbcsports.ca until 2pm.
- Later the same day at 3.00pm local times, a highlights program will run on CBC [main channel, national network], including special features and stories on the Canadian professional athletes’ pursuit of the Olympic qualifying standard.
CBC’s Scott Russell will host, with international distance racing expert and analyst Tim Hutchings joining the team to present a full day of racing broadcasts.
- Over 22,000 runners from over 50 countries are expected to take part this year, aiming to raise $3 million for over 150 local and deserving charities.
- In 2010 the STWM was ranked sixth fastest marathon in the world and third fastest women’s race in the world.
- STWM holds the record for fastest men’s and women’s marathons ever run on Canadian soil with (2:07:58 by Kenneth Mungara and 2:22:43 by Sharon Cherop — both of Kenya, set in 2010)
- With the three-time consecutive men’s Champion Kenneth Mungara of Kenya returning, plus Canadian stars Reid Coolsaet, Eric Gillis and Dylan Wykes, this year’s race is shaping up to be arguably the best of all-time, and a real showcase is promised for viewers.
Full schedules, “Live Results” and a “Live Blog” will be available on Race Day via www.stwm.ca.